Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bacon-Tomato Fusilli Pasta

I found this dish on the back of a pasta package and gave it a try. It was good, however, for our tastes it was a tad bit bland--but good enough to keep and tweak to our liking.

I'm going to list the ingredients as is for those that prefer a more subtle flavor to their meals. I found adding more back pepper and sprinkling some red pepper flakes gave it a kick it was lacking.

Ingredients:

16 oz package fusilli pasta
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2-1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions. In large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Blend in milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, parsley, bacon, tomato and pasta, toss to coat. Heat through. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.