Friday, April 16, 2010

Vegetable Enchiladas

Vegetable Enchiladas
-Heidi P.

This recipe is great because you can change it up to suit whatever you have on hand, like garlic, corn, diced tomatoes, even mushrooms.  And if you like hot sauce (I can't live without it), throw some of that in the mix as well!

1 large zucchini
1 medium - large red pepper
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 onion, chopped
4 large tortillas
1 can enchilada sauce (I use store bought but you could make your own as well.)
2 - 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese

Preheat the oven to 400.

Chop all of the vegetables and mix together in a bowl. Add in about 1 cup of cheese and stir, making sure that everything is mixed together well.

Lay tortilla on a flat surface and spoon the vegetables into the tortilla. Add additional cheese if you prefer your enchiladas incredibly cheesy. Roll and place in a baking dish. I typically use a 9x13 dish and coat it in cooking spray first. It manages to fit the 4 large enchiladas with a little creativity.

Repeat the above steps with each additional tortilla.

Pour enchilada sauce on the tortillas and sprinkle cheese on the top. (I add cumin and a few dashes of hot sauce on top as well. Yum!)

Bake for 20 - 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with any remaining cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes.

It's delicious and filling.  John and I usually fight over who gets to take the leftovers for lunch the next day.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I make it at least once a month and it's easy and it's one of the few meals that John will actually eat leftovers for. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.